Friday, September 29, 2006

Ok, this is what we need...

This Saturday we will have a Bible study (can you believe it???? How long has it been?) Anyhow, I thought that it would also be nice to get in on some gift preparations for the poor. We will need someone to iron, someone to assemble ensembles, someone to wrap boxes (empty ones... they need to stay that way so that the church can ensure that there is only good stuff in there)Some to sing and dance and entertain us... (Dan, I think that will have to be you... lol) Someone to make sure the coffee is topped up (Ummm, Jay and Dave???), someone to play Christmas music (ok, that's optional but who better than ME!)

There's still lots of stuff that we need...

* empty shoe boxes (or boxes that are similar in size, ya like gift boxes! lol)
* tissue paper (someone can get that at the dollar store. I have some blue sheets but there's only about 20. Red ones or white ones might be nice)
* tape (real sticky stuff.... I keep using the dollar store stuff and frankly it just doesn't stick!)
* If you have any old stuff that you don't need anymore that you would like to have wrapped and given away to less fortunate people, bring it along.
***FOOD*** um, lets bring some munchies and perhaps something healthy too!

If everyone tells me what they can bring before tomorrow, Jay and I can make sure that we have most of what we need... (so that the night's not a bust) Can't wait to hear from you all!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Wa Wayne said...

I have 2 small boxes and I'll bring some tissue paper and tape. I'll also go through my clothes to see what I don't wear anymore. I could bring down my iron too.

waveseeker said...

Thanks Wayne... Did you want to bring down that little green ironing board too? Do you still have that? That way we would have 2 of them... Hmmm.... Good Idea, maybe I should go through my stuff too...