Friday, December 29, 2006

This week at The Lion's Den

Well we are meeting at 5pm and a potluck will be had. Let us know what you're bringing! Post it... That would be best and that way everyone can see what everyone else is bringing... We will talk about the Lion's Den and its objectives for the coming year. The Den will begin collecting canned goods (non-perishable stuff) as of this Saturday and we will help support families in the area and throughout Hamilton. So Bring'em! We will also begin collecting tithes which will be applied to the ministry itself. We will use the money to help purchase things for the needy and to help supply our ministry needs and ressources (there aren't too many of those so most will go toward any project that we decide to support or take on). All of the decisions of where to spend the money will be decided by our official board. Feel free to let us know if you would like to be a part of the team. You can also describe the area that you would like your money to be designated on an offering enveloppe. All offerings given in a marked donation enveloppe (available on the piano) will receive a donation receipt for 2007 (for tax purposes, to be received in 2007).

Ok so after all of that... We will be talking about um... loving each other...

Bring your musical instruments and let us know if there are any song requests that you would like to sing/play for worship! Ok I know... Days of Elijah... Well um, we do have the music.... I think that if we do this song we'll have to have dancers! Even those with sprained ankles! Yes that means you Brynna! lol ... ok so it was more like a kolol (kind of laughing out loud...) ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody it's jess. unfortunately I have to work again saturday, but I'll try to get there for aroung 8-9 pm. Well Wayner and I got this cook book for christmas (eating is my second favourit thing...its starting to show) so we decided to make one of the dishes and what do you know...our oven doesn't work. sooo I don't exacly know what were bringing tomorrow. Hey Mel..how bout some fondu! I bought the chocolate! I want everybody to know Mel and Jay bought me a coffee maker and supplied me the dope to go with it...so blame them when I become a coffee junky that has to attend rehab and CA meetings "Hi, my name is Jessica and Im a coffaholic...amoung other things". Oh yeh and I read the fine print on the box...theres an age limit of 19+. Oh look at the time it's 1:02 am. Well Mel Im going to drink lots of coffee to get my brain all fried...I mean..fired up for tonight only 20 hours away. night night